Is it too early for heating maintenance? Well, the simple answer is “no”. With fall and winter nearing and temperatures dropping, you'll definitely not regret doing early plumbing and heating maintenance for your home.
If you don’t want any surprise breakdowns with your HVAC unit and need services that cover professional scheduled visits each year, then you’ll want to consider HVAC Preventative Maintenance Contracts.
What is furnace maintenance (and what does it entail)
Furnace maintenance involves inspection of your HVAC system components by a HVAC specialist by testing, cleaning and lubricating them to ensure the system functions optimally before the cold season. It involves activities such as checking the vent system, heat exchanger, thermostat etc.
Importance of early heating and air maintenance
- Early heating and air maintenance is crucial for several reasons:
- Early maintenance prevents your system from malfunctioning. This is by far one of the top reasons why you should immediately schedule regular HVAC maintenance. Maintaining your heating system lowers the risk of it breaking down during cold seasons. If you don’t maintain your system, it will overwork during cold seasons and hence stop working abruptly. Of course you can always call a specialist to fix it but why wait for the worst scenario to happen when you can prevent breakdowns and save repair money by maintaining it early on?
- You'll save more energy and electric bills. Did you know that you can save about 25% of your electric bills by regularly maintaining your heating system? When you regularly maintain your unit, you relieve stress on your unit's components because it won’t overwork to heat your indoor space. A system that overworks uses more electricity compared to one that’s well maintained. This will end up saving you money on electricity.
- Your unit will last longer. The average lifespan of a well maintained heater is over 15 years but failure to maintain your unit can lower this lifespan and cost you a lot of money acquiring a new one. Leveraging professional HVAC services is your best defense against such a costly scenario.
- You and your loved ones will be safe. If you have a gas-powered heater and don’t maintain it regularly, it can pose great health danger to those living indoors. This is because carbon monoxide gas can be released in your indoor space as a result of heat exchangers that crack due to wear and tear and corrosion. Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that could make your loved ones sick or worse if inhaled.
If you're around Atlanta and need professional HVAC maintenance services, then get in touch with Moncrief Heating & Air Conditioning, one of the top Heating and Air Companies in Atlanta.