A humidifier is essential anywhere it gets cold—and if you’ve ever been through an Atlanta winter, you know we qualify. Without humidification control, the air in your home will become dry, causing harm to your skin, nasal passages, clothes, electronics, and more. Of course, having a humidifier isn’t enough; it also needs to work well. But how can you tell if the humidifier on your HVAC unit in Atlanta is working properly or not?
How to Tell if Your Humidifier Is WorkingThe first thing most homeowners will look at to determine if their humidifier is working is whether or not water is running through it. If it isn’t, this is a clear sign that something is broken. However, water moving through the system doesn’t necessarily mean all is well. You’ll still need to look at other aspects to figure out if something is wrong. Here are some simple steps to take if you’re asking yourself, “How do I know if my humidifier is working ?”
- Start by turning the humidistat to the highest setting and change your thermostat so it turns on your furnace. Most humidifiers only work when the heat is on.
- Next, make sure the water line to your humidifier is connected and turned on. Lift the supply tube slightly and check to see if there is water coming out.
- From there, check your season selector dial if you have one and make sure it is on the correct season.
- After that, ensure that there is electricity running to the humidifier.
- Finally, ensure the humidifier pad is new and clean.