5 Air Conditioning Efficiency Tips
1. Clean your outside condenser unit. Your outdoor unit will perform optimally if it’s clean and free from dust and any debris.
2. Vacuum and unblock your vents. It’s important to vacuum and unblock your vents so as to prevent debris from blocking your vents. Failure to do this could cause your system to overwork and this will increase your utility bills.
3. Close all windows and doors when your AC is on. When your AC is on and you open your windows or doors, the already conditioned air indoors could escape outside thus resulting in AC inefficiencies.
4. Look out for any air leaks around the window, in the attic or below your doors. Any air leaks should be fixed since they can cause your AC to overwork, thus increasing your utility bills.
5. Check if your AC filters are dirty and replace them. Dirty filters can lower your indoor air quality and also cause your unit to overwork. This can result in higher energy bills. Replacing your filters will solve these issues.
How to improve window air conditioner performanceA window air conditioner is one of the simplest and most energy efficient air conditioners on the market. A window AC is normally mounted on the window or wall. Just like a central AC, window ACs require periodic maintenance too. Here are a few ways on how to improve window air conditioner performance:
● Ensure the AC is not too small or too large for your space.
● Replace or clean the filters at least once every month.
● Ensure heat sources such as stoves are far from the AC.
● When cooling the room, ensure curtains and blinds are closed so as not to let in direct sunlight.If you’re in Georgia and experiencing problems with your AC, get in touch with Moncrief Heating & Air Conditioning for Air Conditioning Installation Atlanta and Air Conditioning Repair Roswell.