Your air conditioner is a significant investment, and as such, you want it to last as long as possible. Essential to this is regular maintenance. From the filters to the fins, the right company for AC repair in Atlanta will offer regular maintenance packages that make it easy to keep your system in peak condition. But what should you expect AC maintenance to include?
Standard Air Conditioning Systems Maintenance
While regular AC maintenance is critical to extending the life of your unit and protecting your home, there is no universal approach to maintaining air conditioners. While there will be some components all units have in common, you want your heating and air company in Atlanta to tailor their approach to your make and model.
Keeping in mind that your service should modify their approach based on the air conditioning systems maintenance guide for your unit, here are common items to include on a maintenance checklist.
- Measuring the amperage and voltage of the blower motor and compressor
- Testing the thermostat for proper operation and calibrating it as needed
- Cleaning or replacing the air filter
- Inspecting the bearings and lubricating them as needed
- Assessing air return
- Inspecting the condenser coil
- Monitoring the operating pressure of the refrigerate
- Ensuring safety devices are functioning properly
- Inspecting the electrical wiring and disconnect box
- Testing contactors and capacitors
- Cleaning the fan blade and condenser coils
- Analyzing service valves
- Measuring supply and return temperature differential
- Assessing ductwork for energy loss
- Inspecting the suction line for proper fit
Why Air Conditioning Maintenance Is So Important
Annual HVAC maintenance service, while beneficial, costs money. And that alone can be enough to make homeowners question whether or not this service is all that important.
Avoiding maintenance and instead dealing with repairs and replacement as needed is an option. However, this ignores the major benefits of maintaining your AC unit.
It Saves Money in the Long Run
Yes, AC maintenance is a yearly expense, but it addresses problems before they become severe and helps to delay or even avoid replacing your air conditioning unit. When you compare the cost of maintaining your system versus major repairs and replacement, maintenance is always cheaper.
You Use Less Energy
As air conditioners age, they use more power to run. However, when the parts are well maintained, they work better, requiring less energy. This translates into lower bills and a more environmentally friendly home.
Air Quality Gets a Big Boost
No one wants to breathe in dirty air, but most of us are inhaling more contaminants than we realize. With proper maintenance, your filters and ducts are cleaned, keeping common allergens and other pollutants out of your air.
Now that you know what happens during routine AC maintenance, it’s time to schedule your service. Call your HVAC company in Sandy Springs at 404-350-2300 or schedule your Buckhead HVAC service through our contact page.