Imagine the frustration of arriving home on a hot summer day and realizing your AC isn’t cooling your home as you expected. That’s what happens if you don’t know how to prepare your cooling system for summer early enough. Just like a car, which undergoes prepping before a long journey, your cooling system also deserves to be prepped before summer – when it will be on demand.
So where do you start? In this post, you’ll learn the various ways to prepare your air conditioner for summer – as recommended by HVAC experts.
5 ways to prepare your cooling system for the summer
- Inspect your filters. When summer’s around the corner, ensure you inspect your AC’s air filters before turning it on. If you notice dirt on the air filter, consider replacing it as it could cause your system to function less efficiently. Check for air leaks and seal them. According to the EPA, ducts that leak reduces your cooling system’s energy efficiency by 25%. So why waste energy and money when you can avoid this problem by simply sealing air leaks around your house? Check for air leaks around windows, doors, electrical outlets etc. – and seal them using caulk.
- Check for air leaks and seal them. According to the EPA, ducts that leak reduces your cooling system’s energy efficiency by 25%. So why waste energy and money when you can avoid this problem by simply sealing air leaks around your house? Check for air leaks around windows, doors, electrical outlets etc. – and seal them using caulk.
- Inspect your thermostat. If you have a thermostat that isn’t programmed – and you leave it to cool your home throughout the day, it could skyrocket your energy bills. A programmable thermostat on the other hand enables you to program it, hence giving you better control of your home’s temperature. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider acquiring one as it would save you money when you’re away from home – and not using it.
- Schedule a tune-up. Another way to prepare your cooling system for the summer it to schedule a tune-up with a HVAC specialist regularly. Regular AC tune-ups extend the service life of your AC and boosts its efficiency by 25%. This also means that you’ll enjoy reduced utility bills at home. Also, you may consider signing up for Moncrief HVAC Preventative Maintenance Contracts. This is a yearly contract that covers scheduled maintenance of your cooling system. It ensures your HVAC system doesn’t experience surprise breakdowns and saves you money on energy bills.
- Consider upgrading your cooling system. Consider upgrading your cooling system if it’s old, broken or inefficient at cooling. Ensure you look for a cooling system of the right size and one that runs efficiently. This could save you not only on your upfront expenses, but also future energy bills.
HVAC service providers near me
Now that you’ve learned how to prepare your HVAC system for summer, who can you contact for help? If you’re around Atlanta or Sandy Springs and looking for a professional HVAC specialist to help in preparing your cooling system for summer, contact Moncrief Heating & Air Conditioning for Atlanta HVAC service or HVAC Sandy Springs. They’ve helped homeowners with their home comfort for well over a century, becoming the most trusted name in HVAC in Atlanta.