When your AC compressor starts to fail, it can be a huge inconvenience. Not only is the weather getting hotter and hotter each day, but now you have to find time to get it fixed. What’s even worse is that you may not know what’s causing the compressor to fail in the first place! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most common causes of AC compressor failure. By understanding these causes, you can take steps to prevent them from happening in the future. Stay cool this summer; keep reading!
Learn more about your AC by reading Signs It’s Time for an AC Tune-Up.
What Is the Compressor?
The compressor is the heart of the air conditioning system. It pumps refrigerant through the system and is responsible for cooling the air in your home. When the compressor fails, it can cause the entire system to fail.
3 Main Reasons for AC Compressor Failure
There are many different reasons why a compressor may fail, but some of the most common causes include:
- Dirty coils: The coils on the compressor can become dirty over time. This dirt can build up and prevent proper airflow, causing the compressor to overheat and eventually fail.
- Leaks: If there are any leaks in the system, it can cause the refrigerant to escape. This will eventually lead to compressor failure.
- Electrical issues: Electrical problems are one of the most common causes of compressor failure. If the compressor isn’t getting enough power, it can overheat and eventually fail.
These are just some of the most common causes of AC compressor failure. By understanding these causes, you can take steps to prevent them from happening in the future. Stay cool this summer – keep reading!
What are some ways to prevent compressor failure?
There are a few different things you can do to prevent your compressor from failing:
- Keep the coils clean: Make sure to regularly clean the coils on your compressor. This will help ensure proper airflow and prevent overheating.
- Check for leaks: Inspect your system for any leaks on a regular basis. If you find a leak, make sure to repair it immediately.
- Electrical issues: Make sure your compressor is getting enough power. If you’re having electrical problems, contact a qualified electrician to help resolve the issue.
By following these preventative measures, you can help ensure that your compressor doesn’t fail this summer. But if it does, contact us about Atlanta AC repair. Stay cool and comfortable all season long!